Constellation Energy Nuclear Group (CENG) recognizes and will meet its responsibility to properly care for the environment. We believe proper care of the environment is essential to our business success, and we consider environmental stewardship a fundamental value of our business unit. We are committed to conducting business in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and other binding commitments to using natural resources responsibly, preventing pollution, improving energy efficiency, and continuously improving environmental programs and performance.
This policy shall be implemented by:
- Establishing and adopting policies, procedures and standards that meet or exceed all legal requirements and other binding commitments.
- Implementing environmental management systems (EMS) in accordance with international standards such as ISO 14001 standards for all applicable aspects of its business.
- Ensuring CENG personnel are trained for their environmental responsibilities, and management and staff are held accountable for their actions and conformance with this environmental policy through the performance management system.
- Incorporating compliance strategies, pollution prevention and resource conservation opportunities, and environmental risk management as part of our strategic business planning and day-to-day decision making processes, including when siting, constructing, acquiring, operating, or modifying facilities.
- Tracking and reporting environmental performance using appropriate metrics, enabling us to ensure compliance, manage impacts and risk, set performance improvement goals and monitor our progress in achieving those goals.
- Ensuring suppliers, contractors, and other business partners are aware of and meet our environmental requirements and expectations.
- Communicating with and responding to our customers, neighbors, employees, regulators, and other stakeholders about the environmental facets of our business, including encouraging and participating in the development of sound public policy.
- Encouraging community efforts that support environmental awareness and stewardship.
- Verifying the implementation of this policy, regulatory compliance assurance and EMS performance through independent audits.